Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
praveenr035
Contributor III
Contributor III

Expression (Traffic light gauge) in straight table is not clickable in IE plug-in

Hi, I've defined straight table expression as traffic light gauge with 2 segments. When I click on the light in straight table, all applicable dimensions are selected which is the expected behavior. This works in desktop mode, AJAX client mode but for IE plug-in users nothing happens when they click on traffic light gauge. Looks like same is the behavior for all expressions in straight table (IE plugin)

Is this the default behavior of Qlikview? Please let me know if there is any work around for IE plug-in users. Thanks in advance

Labels (3)
4 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The first question I have for you is whether the IE Plugin client is the same version as your QlikView Server?  If not, that is the first thing I would correct, get the users on the same version IE Plugin client that QVS is running, as this one sounds like a compatibility related issue at the moment.  If that does not work, let me know the full version you are running, and I can try to see if I can replicate etc.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
praveenr035
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you Brett. My plug-in version is  12.10.20600.0  and QV server is on version 12.

Is this a limitation? Click on straight table 'expression' doesn't select relevant dimensions in plug-in version. 

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

What specific version is the QVS, the same as the Plugin client?  I just want to be sure of exactly what you have here, so I need to know the full QVS version too.  Sorry I was not more clear in my initial post.  If they are not the same version, that is the first thing I would try here, update the Plugin client to match the QVS version and see if that gets things working properly for you.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Joseph022
Contributor
Contributor

@My Prepaid Center wrote:

What specific version is the QVS, the same as the Plugin client?  I just want to be sure of exactly what you have here, so I need to know the full QVS version too.  Sorry I was not more clear in my initial post.  If they are not the same version, that is the first thing I would try here, update the Plugin client to match the QVS version and see if that gets things working properly for you.

Regards,
Brett

I have for you is whether the IE Plugin client is the same version as your QlikView Server? If not, that is the first thing I would correct, get the users on the same version IE Plugin client that QVS is running, as this one sounds like a compatibility related issue at the moment. If that does not work, let me know the full version you are running, and I can try to see if I can replicate etc.