Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Expression is returning incorrect results

Hi,

I have been trying to make a chart that shows each person in the group's open tasks, and group them by how long they have been open.

We know ia job is open becauase it doesnt have a completed date populated.

We know when the job was created to calculate the length of time open with (from today).

Capture1.JPG

Here is my Expression to identify open tasks:

NumericCount (if(((ows_Task_x0020_Completed = '') and (ows_Task_x0020_Created < Today())),%Key_xml_98C49F546A18E856

))

Here is my dimension to divide into more and less than 60 days groups:

= if((Today() - ows_Task_x0020_Created >=60), 'Past 60 days', 'Less than 60 days')

Here is a shot of the data that should contribute to this graph, with Tasks with completed dates removed:

Capture2.JPG

The difficulty I am having is that the chart is clearly wrong. Brandon should have 3 tasks not 4, Colin should have 7 tasks not 9 (four of Colins open tasks should not show up becuase they are scheduled for after the report is ran, 8/1/13). PLease help me figure out what I did wrong here. 

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe the key you count is not unique in this context? Try a DISTINCT qualifier in your count function.

Not applicable
Author

Ok I tried a couple of things, and I keep getting the same result. I tried using the distinct option, but it didn't result in any changes. I also found a way to add the unique ID field from sharepoint to be certain I was counting a field with unique values, and pointed my count command at that. I am still getting the same incorrect result. Here's what I am currently working with for my expression:

Count ( if(((ows_Task_x0020_Completed = '') and (ows_Task_x0020_Created < Today())),ows_ID

))

Any other thoughts?

Ellen

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Ellen,

any chance that you upload a small sample QVW application?