Qlik Community

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
QlikWorld online is next week! REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Expression totals change when selecting different month

Hi,

i Have a report with 3 dimensions and 4 Expressions to calculate the "nett nett" for the last four months.

when i choose a different month the total changes. ie Column 1 was Sep , now column 2 is Sep but total is different

below image is SEP as first month in Column1qv1.jpg

now i selected oct as month which moves sep to 2nd column total differs.

qv2.jpg

now when i select nov both change oct and sep. as below

qv3.jpg

column 1 expression

=(sum({<MonthYear = {"$(=MaxString(MonthYear))"}>} Price_Lens_Total_Net)

+sum({<MonthYear = {"$(=MaxString(MonthYear))"}>} Price_Semi_Net)

+sum({<MonthYear = {"$(=MaxString(MonthYear))"}>}Price_Addons_Total_Net)

+sum({<MonthYear = {"$(=MaxString(MonthYear))"}>}Price_Frame_Net))* SETTLEMENT_%

Column2 expression

=(sum({<Month =,MonthYear = {"$(=Date(AddMonths(Max(OrderDate),-1),'MMM-YYYY'))"}>} Price_Lens_Total_Net)

+sum({<Month =,MonthYear = {"$(=Date(AddMonths(Max(OrderDate),-1),'MMM-YYYY'))"}>} Price_Semi_Net)

+sum({<Month =,MonthYear = {"$(=Date(AddMonths(Max(OrderDate),-1),'MMM-YYYY'))"}>} Price_Addons_Total_Net)

+sum({<Month =,MonthYear = {"$(=Date(AddMonths(Max(OrderDate),-1),'MMM-YYYY'))"}>} Price_Frame_Net))* SETTLEMENT_%

Column3 expression

=(sum({<Month =,MonthYear = {"$(=Date(AddMonths(Max(OrderDate),-2),'MMM-YYYY'))"}>} Price_Lens_Total_Net)

+sum({<Month =,MonthYear = {"$(=Date(AddMonths(Max(OrderDate),-2),'MMM-YYYY'))"}>} Price_Semi_Net)

+sum({<Month =,MonthYear = {"$(=Date(AddMonths(Max(OrderDate),-2),'MMM-YYYY'))"}>} Price_Addons_Total_Net)

+sum({<Month =,MonthYear = {"$(=Date(AddMonths(Max(OrderDate),-2),'MMM-YYYY'))"}>} Price_Frame_Net))

* SETTLEMENT_%

i am multiplying the totals with the settlement discount precentage.

i have the totals mode set on sum of rows on all expressions.

any help in the right direction would be appreciated.

thank you

Kallie

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

SETTLEMENT_% is a naked aggregation. Qlikview actually calculates only(SETTLEMENT_%). And that expression does not include the set modifiers you added to the sums. So your selections do influence the value of SETTLEMENT_% that is used in the calculations. Try adding a set modifier to only(SETTLEMENT_%) too.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

SETTLEMENT_% is a naked aggregation. Qlikview actually calculates only(SETTLEMENT_%). And that expression does not include the set modifiers you added to the sums. So your selections do influence the value of SETTLEMENT_% that is used in the calculations. Try adding a set modifier to only(SETTLEMENT_%) too.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

thank you that solves it