Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Expression with two level set analysis and aggregate

Hi all,

I need to perform a query like the following but it's not working. Is it possible?

Count(DISTINCT {1 <event.month={"$(=Month(Today()))"}>}
   Aggr(MIN({<event.name={"sale"}>} event.date),userId)

)

The data looks like this:

userId     event.date     event.month     event.name

1            20141230      12                    question

2            20141229      12                    question

1            20150130      1                      sale

1            20150202      1                      sale

2            20150201      1                      sale

2            20150202      1                      sale

In this case, first I would like to aggregate userId and min(event.date) where event.name='sale'.

And then, count distinct user where the first sales date occurred in the current month.

The result would be 1.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I found a solution, but I would like to know why the other approach doesn't work.

Count(IF(

Aggr(MIN({<event.name={"sale"}>} event.month),userId)=NUM(MONTH(TODAY())),userId

));

View solution in original post

6 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, If event.month is a number you need to filter by that number, anyway, I think this expression is counting the different event.date.

Month(Today()) will return: feb

Num(Month(Today())) will return: 2

I think you need to check year&Month, in this case you can use:

=Count(DISTINCT Aggr(If(Left(Min(event.date), 6)=Year(Today()) & Num(Month(Today()), '00'), userId), userId))

Hope this helps.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Ruben. What about the event name? In that case maybe the min date is from another event name.

Not applicable
Author

I found a solution, but I would like to know why the other approach doesn't work.

Count(IF(

Aggr(MIN({<event.name={"sale"}>} event.month),userId)=NUM(MONTH(TODAY())),userId

));

rubenmarin

Yep, i forgot the event.name.

The other approach has the thing about the month, qv was filtering Month='feb' instead of Month=2.

Also was counting distinct Min(event.date) by UserId, so userId1 will be counted (by 20150202), and if it was another UserId with a Min(event.date) alredy counted it will not count, in example if there was an UserId3 with his first sale on 20150201, is the same event.date than UserId1

Not applicable
Author

You are right about the distinct, but it's still not working:

Count({1 <event.month={"$(=num(Month(Today())))"}>}
    Aggr(MIN({<event.name={"sale"}>} event.date),userId)
)

The event.month in <event.month={"$(=num(Month(Today())))"}> is operating on the MIN of the aggregate or outside? Which set analysis come first?

The year is important, but there is no overlap in the data, so I m not taking into account for the moment.

rubenmarin

Hi, not 100% sure but <event.month={"$(=num(Month(Today())))"}> is apllied to the Aggr().

it's counting the min(event.date) with event.month=2, so UserId1 will be counted. If you filter the data where event.month=2, it's not discarding the UserId with sales on previous months.