Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Extension Object Calling .Net Web Service

Hi

I have a .Net Web Service that I can call successfully from several other technologies: a local or remote browser, Excel VBA, QlikView VBA, and from JavaScript within another HTML page. However, running the same JavaScript as the HTML page within an Extension Object will not work. I am running the Extension Object within a local QlikView 11.2 app. Am I missing something that I need to configure?

This is the JavaScript. It works within an HTML page but not within the Extension Objects:

$.ajax({

type: "POST",

url: http://localhost/Test1/Service1.asmx/doSomething,

data: '{Data1: "a", Data2: "b"}',

contentType: "application/json; charset=utf-8",

dataType: "json",

success: function (r) { alert("Success"); }

});

Thanks

Al.

6 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It shouldn't be any limitations except from those that arise as conflicts between various Javascript libraries or version requirements of the same library like for instance jQuery. The QlikView extensions need specific versions of jQuery and you should check that this might be your problem....

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Please check your browser console if any error is beeing reported

Not applicable
Author

Is that possible? How do I check the browser console, given it is within QlikView?

Thanks

Al.

Not applicable
Author

I suspect you are correct that it is a conflict. I have QlikView installed on a server and the code works in that QlikView. The jQuery version is 1.7.1 on both QlikView Desktop installations.

Any other guidance on how I identify the conflict?

Thanks

Al.

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Publish your app and your extension to a QV Server and open it using a browser via Ajax Client

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, but that does not help me. 🙂

I know I can publish but I need to be able to develop.