Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

External actions synchronization

Hello all,

I have a button with actions dedicated to :

- First   create a  dynamic  directory (relying  on a dimension ), this  is  currently done by a batch file

- Then export  a bunch of  pivot tables  as   csv files , this is done via  a Qlikview Vbs macro.

- Then Run an external tool  ( an already existing one,  using MS Word macros)  in order to process those files

- Eventually perform a  file cleaning (batch file)

This is  working  fine except that  execution  is not synchronize. If  I put all  these actions  in one button  I have no warranty that the  file cleaning won't occure  before the  end of the file processing!

One  solution would be  to  put everything in one  big   QV vbs  Macro, but  my users  need to access it via  internet  explorer  ( using the plugin) and  it seems that I can't launch  MS Word  via vbs  in that context.

Does anybody  found a way to work out such a sequence of actions?

thanks in advance for  answers

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Eventually found a workaround  which  half solves  the problem:

-Putting most of my  external actions   in vbscripts and  triggering the others  via  hidden buttons actions  fired by the "press" method in vbs.

- Using  the " Activedocument.getApplication.Sleep 2000" syntax to wait a few seconds between some actions

of course if  any  tasks takes  too long to  perform It won't work