Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Linked objects

Hi,

I am for some reason not authorized to generate any ideas. Can someone explain to me how that works?

Anyway, here's my thought:

- In most of my apps, I have multi_selection boxes (well, in all of them, they're a standard element);

-> Most of those have the same fields (in groups): Year/Month/week, some have Area/Year/Month/week

-> I thought that it would save me a lot of time with any changes if I'd just link all boxes within one group

<=> The problem with that is that there is no way I can find out which objects any given object is linked to - only how many objects it is linked to which isn't very helpful...

If I could find that out, I would know ´right away which worksheets I have to look at to check whether my changes were correct and I could also spot errors - linking all boxes across groups would of course be a fatal error...

Does anyone know a way that can be done? Otherwise, this would be my proposition for making QlikView better - I guess that would classify as "idea"?

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

I don't believe that there is any normal way in GUI to display it - perhaps there are some settings in the easter egg then it need only the possibility to customize (add or remove) the columns in document/sheet properties in tab sheet/objects.

Alternatively you could export the app-layout and read afterwards these meta-data - isn't really simple ...

I agree it is worth for an idea to have a global object-list like the expressions-list.

- Marcus