Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Extra line created and the total summed automatically?! wtf

Hi guys,

I have a straight pivot table (image included) that pulls data from 3 sources

One is collections, one is invoices and the other is budget.

All of them share they key Company, Year, Month

The only difference between the 3 is the budget is an xls spreadsheet. I can't find anything wrong with the spreadsheet to cause this. But take a look at what it does. *WHY* does it sum the budget into it's own column (which doesn't have a Company)??

14 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Clicking on the dimension (which is company) and clicking "Suppress when value is null" checkbox, worked. Now I can move on with my life.

Advice to everyone out there, if you have a similar issue where you can't explain (through the data) why QV added an extra row and summed 1 column (and not the others), and your dimension is null for that row, use this feature

Not applicable
Author

You should sort the data integrity issues if you can, it may cause issues at a later point.

Not applicable
Author

It would be nice to be able to check the data IN qlikview as I can't see anything wrong with the data OUTSIDE of qlikview, nor can I see any problems with the integrity/synth keys built by qlikview on the data.

But view the structure is totally different than view the data WITHIN that structure. Since I confirmed that the data within the sql database and excel spreadsheet is fine, and since I can't see any problems with the integrity QV built, all I need is some form of data viewer to go through the data loaded in QV and placed into that structure.

I swear I'm moving away from QV as soon as possible. Pushing these things into Excel and having a user do all this crap footwork is much easier, and you can do proper cubes off of those models afterwards. SQL 2012 FTW

Not applicable
Author

Since December'2012 QViewer moved to http://easyqlik.com