Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nareshthavidishetty
Creator III
Creator III

Extract from excel into qlikview

Hi All,

Im attaching my sample excel file need to extract into qlikview but im unable to extract try to help me

16 Replies
Not applicable

Hi naresh,

really it is a different scenario,

how you expecting the out put.

if you can send the layout output ,then i can try any other way

nareshthavidishetty
Creator III
Creator III
Author

it is only the excel sheets i got like 10 excel sheets same format in which i need to load all the data into qlikview and build the dashboard thats the thing

im jus expecting how to load the data in the correct format so that i can build dashboard

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Better go back to your data sources. It's not very useful to try to load a processed layout into QlikView as you'll put a lot of energy in building a script that has to wade through complex data representations and you'll loose all the details that are letting QlikView produce spectacular analysis views. In addition to that, how much further do you think you can process data that is already aggregated?

You were saying that you tried to load the original source data, and you failed. Why was that?

Not applicable

you want to load with group total   or with out group total

nareshthavidishetty
Creator III
Creator III
Author

load with group total bcos there r some values present

nareshthavidishetty
Creator III
Creator III
Author

thanks for the reply here failed means i loaded the data and its giving me not the correct format(  vague data)   data even i tried to do in cross table but nothing achieved

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Those problems can be resolved (rather quickly with the assistance of the community) Moreover if it can be done in Excel, you can do it in QlikView, only better. The data transformation process that is used to produce the Excel files can be used as a guideline.

In the long run, you would be better off with loading source data and letting QlikView do what it is designed to do: present a highly accessible but powerful user interface to analyse your business data.

The choice is yours.