Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III

Fabs Function - Where to place it

Dear Qlikview user

I have some negative values in my dataset which is causing my background colour not to work effectively.

My expression is as follows, and I wanted to know where I would place the Fabs function in the expression

TB_Numerator is the value I need to wrap the FABS function around, without affecting the structure of the rest of the statement

Num(FirstSortedValue({<TB_Numerator={">=0"}>}Aggr(Sum(TB_Numerator), TB_Fact_Date, TB_Metric), -Aggr(TB_Fact_Date, TB_Fact_Date, TB_Metric)))

Kind Regards

Helen

3 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Taking positive values and using fabs() are not similar. Having said that, if you want to ignore the negative values you could try something like:

Num(FirstSortedValue({<TB_Numerator={">=0"}>}Aggr(Sum({<TB_Numerator={">=0"}>} TB_Numerator), TB_Fact_Date, TB_Metric), -Aggr(TB_Fact_Date, TB_Fact_Date, TB_Metric)))

prma7799
Master III
Master III

Try like this

Num(fabs(FirstSortedValue({<TB_Numerator={">=0"}>}Aggr(Sum(TB_Numerator), TB_Fact_Date, TB_Metric), -Aggr(TB_Fact_Date, TB_Fact_Date, TB_Metric))))

Or

Fabs(Num(FirstSortedValue({<TB_Numerator={">=0"}>}Aggr(Sum(TB_Numerator), TB_Fact_Date, TB_Metric), -Aggr(TB_Fact_Date, TB_Fact_Date, TB_Metric))))

sunny_talwar

May be this

Num(FirstSortedValue({<TB_Numerator={">=0"}>}Aggr(Sum(Fabs(TB_Numerator)), TB_Fact_Date, TB_Metric), -Aggr(TB_Fact_Date, TB_Fact_Date, TB_Metric)))

or

Num(FirstSortedValue({<TB_Numerator={">=0"}>}Aggr(Fabs(Sum(TB_Numerator)), TB_Fact_Date, TB_Metric), -Aggr(TB_Fact_Date, TB_Fact_Date, TB_Metric)))