Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Fail To Launch

I have a straight table with a link in a cell using the <url> tag to call an external program to open an image when the link is clicked. Here's the expression for the url: ='Enlarge Image' & '<URL>mspaint.exe ' & FilePathName

When clicking on the link, I would get an error message "Failed to Launch mspaint.exe c:\Tai\Education\qtm.bmp"

As a test, I tried hard-coding the file path directly: ='Enlarge Image' & '<URL>mspaint.exe c:\Tai\Education\qtm.bmp' but got the same error.

When I took out the file name such as 'Enlarge Image' & '<URL>mspaint.exe ' then mspaint.exe would launch fine. It seems the problem is with the launching the program and opening the image at the same time.

Do you have any ideas as why I am getting this error? I am using Qlikview 9 Personal Edition.

Thanks

\\

Tai

1 Reply
marcos
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi:

The problem is the blank space between mspaint.exe and the path. This function seems not support the blank spaces or i don't know how to do it