Did you mean: 
nigel987
Creator II
Creator II

Fail to load data from URL

Hi,

I wanted to load data from a certain URL, which has the following structure:

{"stats":[

{"messageType":"SEARCHAGENT","forDate":{"year":2016,"month":"JANUARY","chronology":{"calendarType":"iso8601","id":"ISO"},"dayOfMonth":13,"dayOfWeek":"WEDNESDAY","era":"CE","dayOfYear":13,"leapYear":true,"monthValue":1},"value":166835.0},

{"messageType":"ADNOTSOLD","forDate":{"year":2016,"month":"JANUARY","chronology":{"calendarType":"iso8601","id":"ISO"},"dayOfMonth":14,"dayOfWeek":"THURSDAY","era":"CE","dayOfYear":14,"leapYear":true,"monthValue":1},"value":7558.0},

... AND SO ON

]}

Can anyone tell me which settings I should use in the File Wizard? I used the Web Files button in the Script Editor, entered the URL, but I do not know how to continue further. QlikView is not able to recognize the file structure.

Many thanks for any help.

KR Nigel

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The format you are seing here i JSON. The built-in LOAD .... FROM HTTP:// does not support JSON as a format. There are tweaks to be able to "fix" that but I would advise you to have a look at the Qlik REST Connector 1.0 which was released last autumn and is built for specifically this purpose.

Actually I am guessing that it is an API that is using REST from what I can see although you didn't mention it? Which system/application are you querying - could you share that with us?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The format you are seing here i JSON. The built-in LOAD .... FROM HTTP:// does not support JSON as a format. There are tweaks to be able to "fix" that but I would advise you to have a look at the Qlik REST Connector 1.0 which was released last autumn and is built for specifically this purpose.

Actually I am guessing that it is an API that is using REST from what I can see although you didn't mention it? Which system/application are you querying - could you share that with us?

nigel987
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Petter,

thank you for your input. You were right, it is a JSON string and I was able to load it using the REST Connector.

For those who have the same problem: I found this video helpful Qlik REST Connector for QlikView - YouTube