cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fetch data from Oracle

Hi,

I have a table in Oracle which has around 66M records and i am trying to pull all of the data using OLEDB driver. Previously i was not been able to load this and so we have created partitions on this table. Now, every partition (approx 3M records in each) takes around 35-40 mins to load and the table currently has 23 partitions.I need to load whole data and the current environment aborts automatically when jobs take more than 4 hrs to load. Also, i cannot use incremental load since it is a truncate and load table.

Currently i have created three files which runs in parallel and each file takes around 5 hrs to load. I am planning to add one more file so that each file will in turn take less than 5 hrs to load.

Please advise on how we can reduce the reload time and any solutions apart from adding the qvw files.

Regards,

G

1 Reply
Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Gaurav,

Please see where the database is located. If the database is located somewhere and you are trying to pull record in different location, then the reload is usually very long.

Eg: Database is located in US server and you are reload or retrieving the data from India using local machine, then it takes a lot of time.

Instead, you can use vm or remote machine of US and try reloading the data and it will be faster.

Siva