Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Fetching the Windows User

Hi All

Does anyone know how I can identify the logged-in Windows user so that I can populate a variable? The application will be accessed from QV server using the IE Plug in. I have tried creating a SECTION ACCESS table with an NTNAME column and this will correctly pick up the Windows User, but the columns in this table are not available for me to query in the application.

I have also tried adding a SECTION APPLICATION table with 'Initial Selection based on Section Access' and this is initially correctly filtered for the user. I have then populated a variable during the Document OnOpen event but the scheduled reload of the document seems to change the variable to a diffeent user.

I suspect that I could use the Windows API to identify the Windows user, but I wanted to see if anyone know of a more natural QlikView option?

Thanks

Al.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Also, OSUser() will give you the fully qualified OS User name.

Regards,

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

If i understood your question properly, QVUSER() function will help you to identify the logged in user in Qlikview.

-Peterson

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Also, OSUser() will give you the fully qualified OS User name.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Thanks. Not sure why my searches did not come up with that. OSUser() get the prize.

Thanks

Al.