Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Field Event Triggers

Hey guys,

I'm currently developing a QV application where I use a lot of field event triggers. The triggers are working fine, however, they disappeared somehow. I had this problem a couple of times and had to use an older version of my application from my backup. Does anyone of you guys know this problem that triggers disappear/are removed and just don't work anymore?

Would appreciate any information/hints on this problem.

Cheers,

Nam

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I think the disappearing of the field event triggers had something to do with the general loading of the data. If a field couldn't be loaded and no longer exists the trigger will be deleted, I guess. However, after reloading the data again the field will appear again but the triggers remain lost. (What made my script even more complex was the fact that I was using full reloads and partial reloads depending on the situation.)

I solved it by creating an empty inline table at the very beginning of my script that only contained the different fields that were using triggers so that I could ensure that those field would always exist. (In case the loading of the real data fails.)

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Nam,

Has that QVW file been created with a different version of QlikView? Does that happen only when you see the QVW file via AccessPoint or does it happen as well in QlikView Desktop? What version of QlikView are you running?

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

I'm using QlikView Desktop Version 11. It happens in QlikView Desktop.

Nam

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

If you are not using section access, seems like a buggy behaviour. How many events are you using? When they "disappear", if you close without saving and open again, they are gone?

If you have a licensed copy of QlikView get in contact with Support, just in case.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

I think the disappearing of the field event triggers had something to do with the general loading of the data. If a field couldn't be loaded and no longer exists the trigger will be deleted, I guess. However, after reloading the data again the field will appear again but the triggers remain lost. (What made my script even more complex was the fact that I was using full reloads and partial reloads depending on the situation.)

I solved it by creating an empty inline table at the very beginning of my script that only contained the different fields that were using triggers so that I could ensure that those field would always exist. (In case the loading of the real data fails.)