Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Field Sometimes Blank when Extra Data Joined

I have a QV application that takes a number of tables, and joins these into a single "Activities" table. The activities table has a timing for each of these activites, and a staff grouping that undertakes the activity.

I'm trying to join phone data onto this but having a problem.

The PHONE table I'm using has dates in it, correctly parsed from the CSVs . I've verified this both by commenting out the rest of the data, just loading the phone table by itself, and also by loading the cached QVD into a test application, where I see all dates appearing correctly.

However, when I combine this table into the ACTIVITIES table, the dates disappear when I also join some (but not all) of the other tables.

For example:

Concatenate ACTIVITIES: LOAD * FROM [Data\QVD\Final\Phone.qvd] (qvd);

Concatenate ACTIVITIES: LOAD * FROM [Data\QVD\Final\Delivery Notes.qvd] (qvd);

(etc. there's six tables loaded, the other five load fine)

But if I comment out the Delivery Notes QVD, it loads fine. None of the six tables I'm loading into the ACTIVITIES table have the completely same column set, that's entirely by design, but they all have a key set of attributes (date, location, etc.) that I use to search through them.

I can't imagine why a single field is missing when I also join other data. The actual date field I'm using (called "Activity Date" in all tables) is in actual date format in all the other tables. All the rest of the tables join perfectly together without any missing information. Any ideas?

0 Replies