Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Fields which are related to particular field in the list box should be reflected in another List box

For Example: I have a list box which contains Alphabets, A , B and C etc..

and i have another list box contains the names which started with A, B and C etc.. Albert, Arjun, Bala, Beema, Cheenu, etc...

Based on selecting the alphabet in one list box should reflect the names in another list box which are related to the selected alphabet.

If i am selecting A in one list box, the other list box should show Albert and Arjun only.

3 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

see attachment (look at  the trigger)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Assuming you have a table Names in the data model, and it contains names you mentioned and maybe other fields.  You can do this:

LEFT JOIN (Names) LOAD DISTINCT

Name,

left(Name,1) as Alpha

RESIDENT Names;

Here we created a field named Alpha which contains the first letters of the names.  Use it as a list box for selections.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

The way to do this fix your data model. In your table with the names create a new field with the same name as the field that contains the alphabet letters:

Alphabet:

LOAD

Letter

FROM ...alphabet_source...;

Names:

LOAD

Name,

Upper(Left(Name,1)) as Letter

FROM ...names_source...;

This way your tables will be associated correctly and select A in the Letter field will automatically filter the listbox with the Name field.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand