Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

File not Found Error When File is actually there.

I created a qvd file and I copied the path of the file from the explorer. I verfied it is correct.  However, when I run the data model and load try to load the file, it gives me an error saying the file cannot be read and the file cannot be found.   What could be the possible reason ?  Pease advise.

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Log in as the account that runs QlikView, and make sure that there are no mapped drives such as "D:" or Z:" but UNC paths instead to shared folders, such as "\\SERVER\SharedResource\Folder".

Make sure that the file is readable and it is not locked by any other software i. e.: antivirus

Hope that helps.

Miguel

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Use to open qvd the file button in script screen, ¿are you using relative o full patch? check that.

I hope to help you.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Log in as the account that runs QlikView, and make sure that there are no mapped drives such as "D:" or Z:" but UNC paths instead to shared folders, such as "\\SERVER\SharedResource\Folder".

Make sure that the file is readable and it is not locked by any other software i. e.: antivirus

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

No luck so far.  Am I doing something wrong ?  Seemingly simple problem!

DETAIL:

LOAD

DETL_ID,

DETL_DESC

FROM

C:\Dashboards\Data\Detail*.qvd (qvd);

Error:

Cannot open file 'C:\Dashboards\Data\Detail*.qvd' The system cannot find the file specified.

But the qvd files are there and I can see the data if I open them in QV.  Using QlikView 11 Desktop.

Thanks.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Are you using some spaces in the Detail*.qvd files? If so, remove them or wrap the path into square brackets:

FROM

(qvd);

Does you user or the user that runs QlikView have permissions enough as to read and write files in that folder?

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

I have the following statements.  could this be the problem.  Can we have two load statements ?

DETAIL:

LOAD

DETL_ID,

DETL_DESC

FROM

(qvd);

SUMMARY:

LOAD

EX_SUMM_ID,

EX_SUMM_TYPE

FROM

(qvd);

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for extending quick help.  I figured it out.  When I changed the field names in the Data model to uppercase, it is working.

Thanks.