Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmonroe918
Creator II
Creator II

Filter Data to Display in a Chart Table

I am trying to filter the data that is displayed in a chart table (Please see the attached qvw file)

I only want to see records who's status does not equal "Closed" (and possibly "Request" as well). I've tried the following Expressions:

=Count(Distinct{<CAPA.Status -= {'Closed'}>}CAPA.ID)

=Count(Distinct{<CAPA.Status = {'Request','Evaluate','Root Cause','CAPA Plan','Verification and Validation','Effectivness Check'}>}CAPA.ID)

They both count correctly, but the "Closed" records are still visible (and I don't want them in the table).

Additionally, I would like to only display records with "Days Late" greater than or equal to  -14 days.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

I don't see the error message

Capture.PNG

This would mean that you might have an older version of QlikView installed where expression editor is unable to understand part of the syntax. but it doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with the expression. If you get what you wanted, ignore the error message by expression editor.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

You need to make your other expressions as zero by using an if statement. I used the column label (Count) to do this

If(Count > 0, Expression1)

Capture.PNG

jmonroe918
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hey Sunny:

Thanks for the answer, but have a question.

The formula for Days Late is saying there is an "Error in the Expression" when the If/Then statement is added. I tried several ways to figure out what is causing the  error message, but have had no luck.

Otherwise it seems to be working correctly.

Any idea?

Jeff

sunny_talwar

I don't see the error message

Capture.PNG

This would mean that you might have an older version of QlikView installed where expression editor is unable to understand part of the syntax. but it doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with the expression. If you get what you wanted, ignore the error message by expression editor.

jmonroe918
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yeah I think you're right. We are still on Version 11.

I'll go with your solution.Thanks!

Jeff