cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrdunson
Creator
Creator

Filter Rows for 1) min date and 2) user entered value

I want to filter  for rows, where 1) theTransaction Date is the minimum date and 2) where the Amount is >= to a selected amount.   That is, to filter a table, for the minimum date where a specific amount occurred for the first time.  I want a user to select the min amount (I have this as a variable, vAmtMin) and then show (and do summations) for the first row (earliest date), where this amount occurred.

For example, if a user selects a Transaction Amount of $20,000, then the table should show  only the row where this occurred for the first time ...(perhaps using  min(Transaction Date), or FirstSortedValue) ...and the counts (of IDs) and totals (for Amounts) can be listed, or displayed in a chart

...(e.g. "First Time Buyers, by Year, that have paid [20,000]  ...or whatever level the users wants to see)

I’ve been able to come up with the above expressions, but not sure how to show only the minimum-date row only.   Min, and FirstSortedValue show all rows... For instance, in the attached .qvw, I want to show only the minimum-date row:

mindate_example.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

16 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Check Attached and let me know if this is what you are looking for ?

jrdunson
Creator
Creator
Author

Hey, I'm re- looking at this and will let you know

jrdunson
Creator
Creator
Author

Hey, almost... but some numbers are off: 

Here is what >= 5000 shows:

EarliestDateRow_attempt.JPG

For ID 2, the first date where they had an amount >= 5000 is

26438.22Aug8Aug-078/6/20072007

So, this is what would be correct:

EarliestDateRow.JPG

sunny_talwar

Try the attached

jrdunson
Creator
Creator
Author

Here is the spreadsheet

jrdunson
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you Sunny, that seems to work well...

Jarrell

jrdunson
Creator
Creator
Author

Just a follow up question

You use Aggr(Only({$<Amount = {">=$(vAmtMin)"}>} [Transaction Date]), ID, [Transaction Date])

How would I handle if, if a person gave twice on the same date...and, I wanted the total for that date... ? Say, for instance, there were two rows... with amounts of $2000, and $4000, for the same ID, on the same date...and a user entered a search for >= 5000  I'd like the row to show up, with a total of $6000 ? 

sunny_talwar

If that is the case, then the above won't give you any issue, but your set analysis will. Because you are checking Amount = {">=$(vAmtMin)"} and not Sum(Amount). But, since you cannot use functions or aggregations on the left hand side of the set modifier, you will have to use another aggr function (or modify your script a little bit) to get this done. It will take some time to come up with the exact expression, but if that is what is needed, we can spend some time in making it work.

jrdunson
Creator
Creator
Author

I'll need to do this...The aim is to show the earliest date a person had over a specified amount... so this means a total per date... I'll try to take a crack at it...  Thanks