Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
noman212
Creator III
Creator III

Filter issue

Hi Community,

Please help me to rectified my issue. 

When i made a selection through filter and select individual name (Please find the attched snapshot for reference) , it returns correct values, 

1.png

However, when i want to look overall values against Head field it return wrong percentage.

Please refer attachment.

2.png

As showing in 2 attachments the differ in values attacment 1 showing correct values. 

i am using two dimension i.e grades and Head and using expression Count(Grades)

Please help me to resolve the same. 

Regards 

Noman khan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The values are correct. When no head is selected, the % is based on all the bars/heads. If you want % by head on the second view, you will need to create another expression with the % by head (something like Sum(TOTAL <head> ....)). Use a combo chart and you can turn off bars/lines and turn on the label option. Turn off pop-ups and labels for the other expression.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

As you said, first image it will take correct values due to you are using one dimension where as second measure you did it for second dimension. What your intend here?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
noman212
Creator III
Creator III
Author

No the dimensions and measures are same in both pic, but when i made seletion to head field and select single person as mentioned (Fawad Ahmed Farooqui) its represents corrects values due to it bifurctaes data according to fawad's Hierarchy and dividing with total with only who's belong to Fawad's hierarchy.

But when undo selection it divide the values with overall count(Which is not belongs to fawad and other hierarchy) which is incorrect.

noman212
Creator III
Creator III
Author

i want a generic expression against each Head which bifurcate data according to their hierarchies.
noman212
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Any one ?

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The values are correct. When no head is selected, the % is based on all the bars/heads. If you want % by head on the second view, you will need to create another expression with the % by head (something like Sum(TOTAL <head> ....)). Use a combo chart and you can turn off bars/lines and turn on the label option. Turn off pop-ups and labels for the other expression.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
noman212
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you for your reply. its working fine now.