Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qliktech_uk
Contributor III
Contributor III

Filter on a table

Hi

How do we filter on a dimension in a table, do we add a calculated dimension?

I have added a conditional dimension - Flag = 'Y' and the field Flag is displayed in the table as -1.

Is this the right way to filter the dimensional data in a table?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
its_anandrjs

You can hide it by chart properties.

COlumnHIde.PNG

View solution in original post

14 Replies
sunny_talwar

You can use calculated dimension, but you can also use set analysis... I am not sure what your condition is... but it could be like this

Sum({<Flag = {'Y'}>}Measure)

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Calculated dimension should be Match(Flag, 'Y') an suppress null dimension level or use set analysis

Sum({<Flag = {'Y'} >} Sales)

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
qliktech_uk
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I have lot of measures in the table, I know we can use the above, but is there a way to use a dimesion as a filter?

sunny_talwar

May be this

If(Flag = 'Y', Dimension)

and then check 'Suppress When Value Is Null' on the dimensions tab

its_anandrjs

You can use this as well as calculated dimension

If(Match( Flag ,'Y' ) = 1, Dimension)

But Suppress when value null to be slected

Kushal_Chawda

If you have lot of measures then you need to give some time and add the set analysis Flag in all the measures (as set analysis is always better). Calculated dimension is the option but it is not advisable as it impacts on performance.

or another option is to provide the filter from which user can select the value 'Y'

qliktech_uk
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

WHen I do a Match, it adds a column and displays 1 and 0, 1 for a match.

How do I remove this column, is there a way to hide it?

Are there no options in Qlik to set filter to a table without displaying it?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

As i suggest, Your expression needed this?

If(Match(Flag, 'Y'), Flag) and suppress from dimension level. I tested and it's working

Capture.PNG

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
its_anandrjs

You can hide it by chart properties.

COlumnHIde.PNG