Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joss_g
Contributor
Contributor

Filter text field using variable input

Hello everyone,

I've got a database that contains a date, a text field (string), a label field (integer), and a result field (float). My first step was to plot an average of results where label = 1, for this I easily managed to do it by running Avg({<label={1}>}result) ... but this computes the average over all rows. Now, I'd like it to run only over certain rows for which the text field contains a specific keyword (to be entered by the user, it could be any word).

So I created a variable input called keyword and I'm trying to add to my formula this step that would say: fetch all text entries that contain this keyword and perform Avg({<label={1}>}result) for this selection.

Any thoughts on how to achieve that? I read about WildMatch and how to call a variable input '*$(keyword)*' but cannot figure out if that's what I should use and how to place it in the Avg() formula. 

Many thanks 🙂

Labels (4)
3 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

@joss_g  may be this

Avg({<label={1}, keyword_field = {"*$(keyword_variable)*"}>}result) 

SaintLouis
Contributor
Contributor

I've been playing around with filters and tried to filter a text variable to find all elements that matched partially the text input. ... If the text field is {{text_here}} and then you use the regex command in the provided box it will work, but that's a pain .

brucewayn
Contributor
Contributor

Perfect no ads, and easy to understand I made crazy editing on it! The best thing is that there are tutorials on it to help you, it's great, even tutorials in the application! When you click on the magic wand to rate new projects there are montages ready! Even if sometimes there are bugs! Go to settings and say if there are problems I did it 2 3 times it solved them for me it's really great I advise you!!!!!?