Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjharper
Contributor II
Contributor II

Filtering report by date with a lot of dimensions

I am trying to create a report that has a lot of dimensions and needs filtering by date.

The problems I am having with this is this:

• If I create this report using a Table Box I can't filter it using the start/end date pickers.
  • If I use a Straight Table I can filter, but the report doesn't fit on the page due to the large number of dimensions.

I was expecting to be able to resize the chart and have horizontal scroll bars - but the scroll bars are limited to the Expressions, not the dimensions. I did try adding all but two dimensions as expressions, but this doesn't work either as the table doesn't have a unique key.

Is there any way to use date filters, but retain control over the size of the report.

2 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Can you post a screenshot and explain what you are looking to achieve?

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
mjharper
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

No easily as the data is confidential - I'll have to dummy up some data first.

I guess my question is two-fold: 1) can you fix the width of a straight table when there are lots of dimensions - it seems to me that the report just extends off of the screen. You only get a scrollbar on the expressions area. 2) can you filter a table box.