Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
juanmantelli
Contributor
Contributor

Filters - Different visualization between desktop and browser

While, in QlikView desktop I have this filter visualization (which it is perfect):

juanmantelli_0-1607618013553.png

I got this one in chrome browser:

juanmantelli_1-1607618168619.png

Does anyone know what should I do to get the same visualization as desktop?

Thanks in advance

Labels (3)
3 Replies
edwin
Master II
Master II

sometimes the sizes are different because of the rendering in web view.  what i normally do is turn on WEB view in teh development version and adjust the width there before publishing

this is the webview button just in case:

edwin_0-1607625050049.png

juanmantelli
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks Edwin, but do you have any idea how could I do to get the same filter visualization as desktop ?

marcus_sommer

The visualization between the desktop client and any browser view will be always different. The rendering is different and AFAIK there is no way to get them 1:1. This means you need to decide which one should be your master client and then to develop everything that it looks there like it should. Usually this is the browser because most of the users or maybe even all of them will use the browser and the developers who also work with the desktop client won't really bother if the look isn't perfect.

The suggestion from Edwin to enable the webview for a regular check is quite helpful here - but it doesn't replace the need to check everything also within your target browser(s). Further useful is to enable the grid view within the view-settings to see how large your objects really are - if they are activated.

In your case you should also reduce the size of the scrollbars - they are around twice so big within the browser than as in the desktop client. Also adjusting the font-type and font-size might be helpful.

- Marcus