Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Filters

Hi to All,

Help needed  to me from you in my requirement.

Below you can found my explanation.

I have attached my Qvw file with this post.

if Startdate,Time is selected from First Inputbox and Enddate,Time is selected from Second Inputbox and click the button then the system will display respective LotNos (Lot Numbers) along with minimum of LotDateTime.It will display all the LotNos’ and minimum of Lot start date from the Table for the selected date range. The user can select only one lot no from the “Lot Start” and “Lot End” list boxes.After selection of lots from both LotStart and LotEnd Listboxes then click on LotRange button,

The system will query the database(Table) for all the lots within LotDateTime column available in the lot start and lot end list boxes. The user can select only one option for lot start and lot end list boxes and also the system will have the validation on lot start date for lot start will be lesser than that of  lot end list box. This feature allows the user to select the lot range for eliminate rows from the Table.

If the user selects lot range then the  date range filter will be removed and lot start date range filter will be applied. If the user selects date range filter once again then lot range filter will be removed and capture date filter will be applied to the dataset(Table).

The selected filter will be visible to the user in current selection box.

I Think you undersatand my explanation.If you require any information regarding my requirement reply me.

Thanks.....

16 Replies
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Sorry, please can you explain the question? or what do you want to achieve...?

Thanks - DV

Not applicable
Author

Hi DV,

Thanks for your reply.

If after clicking of DateRange button Respective lots should be displayed along with min LotstartDateTime in the Listboxes what i have taken in the file.From that the user may select only one lot from each of the listboxes and after clicking the LotRange button(validation for this is Lotend will be greaterthan Lotstart),then DateRange filter(Button) hide and only LotRnge filter should be applied on the table.If the user selects once again the date range from the inputboxes then LotRange(Button) should be hide.and only DateRange filter should be applied on the table and current selections should be displayed in the current selection box.

In My file you can found the design how i want.and i have tried to do but i didn't complete that .Please help me in that .

Thanks....

Not applicable
Author

Hi DV,

Thanks for your reply.

If after clicking of DateRange button Respective lots should be displayed along with min LotstartDateTime in the Listboxes what i have taken in the file.From that the user may select only one lot from each of the listboxes and after clicking the LotRange button(validation for this is Lotend will be greaterthan Lotstart),then DateRange filter(Button) hide and only LotRnge filter should be applied on the table.If the user selects once again the date range from the inputboxes then LotRange(Button) should be hide.and only DateRange filter should be applied on the table and current selections should be displayed in the current selection box.

In My file you can found the design how i want.and i have tried to do but i didn't complete that .Please help me in that .

Thanks....

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Goodmorning,

I think you have to take a look at your select field action.

First the Field you selected(CaptureDate) doesn't exsist (Must be "CaptureDateTime" I think)

Second; your expression gives an error, I think because you are using variables as if it's a field.

eror.JPG

Let me know if this is usefull ok?

Good Luck.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for your reply.

All the things that i was corrected in the file . and what i am asking is about the functionality.

You can found my latest file here.

Thanks....

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Make sure that your date formats are the same.

The format in your data= 'DD-MM-YYYY';

But in your selections you use: 'MM-DD-YYYY';

Not applicable
Author

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for your reply,

Can you send the attachment by modifying my file.and it contains all the requirements what exactly i want those are described by me in my earlier posts.

Thanks...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am working on this but I found some strange formats in your data which makes it harder.

Here is the problem:

Your Field CaptureDateTime returns a different format then the other 2 date field.

What you can try is to add the following line to your script:

Num(Date) as DateNum,

This will return a number (like: 40689.1234567 =  date.hours/minutes/seconds) which makes it easier to count with, no more different formats

I created 2 new varaibles:

vStart  =NUM(vStartDate &' '& vStartTime)

vEnd   =NUM(vEndDate &' '& vEndTime)

These will also return a number in the same formate as your new field DateNum.

I can not test this because I don't have your data source but maybe you can give it a try and see where you can get from here?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Try using the following marco in you button:

sub SelectDatum

ActiveDocument.ClearAll false

First= ActiveDocument.Variables("vStart").GetContent.String

Last= ActiveDocument.Variables("vEnd").GetContent.String

mySelect= ">" & First & " <" & Last

ActiveDocument.Fields("datum").Select mySelect

end sub

Where "datum" is the name of your date field.
This works for me. But only if the formats are right.