Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Finding where variables are set

Hi

I am having a very large QVW file that has a lot of different sheets and objects. Somewhere a variable is set that creates a problem in the QVW. But I dont know if there is a way where I can find all the objects that set this specific variable. So I wonder if there is a way where you can find the objects that have actions that set varibles?

I am thankful for any help

//Fredrik

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Fredrik,

if you go to setting and then expression overview, you can see all the different expressions used including actions to set variables such as this (they come under 'other expressions' )

you can just do a find within there for your variable name

I should add, you can't see the variable name being affected, only the expression on the action, but if you can see what it is being set to, you should be able to search for that and figure it out

hope that helps

Joe

Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

Hi Frederik,

You can export all the Formulas under Settings ----> Formulalist to a textfile

Than you have a list which you can search for specific expressions or variables

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your help Joe and Frank. I have a problem though with finding what variable the expression i setting.

For example

ObjectID       Location       Expression

BU255          Button Text  =only({<LoID={'370'}>} localtext) 

Is this Expression the this object setting a variable or not and which variable in such a case. Is there a way to find that?

//Fredrik

Not applicable
Author

once you have the object ID (BU255 in your case), you can look at the properties on the object itself and you will be able to see which variable it is affecting. Under the sheet properties you'll see a list of object ID's on that list (but only for that sheet).

An easier way it to create a temp container and just load that object ID into it, as that will you give a full list across multiple sheets