Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abc_18
Creator II
Creator II

Fiscal Year in master calendar

hi,

Is it possible to have a single field in a given period (fiscal year):
- I have a company A with a fiscal year that runs from the 01/10/yyyy 30/09/yyyy
- company B with a fiscal year that runs from the 01/01/yyyy 31/12/yyyy.

4 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Shikha,

It will depend in requirement like how users will like to see the data.

If users will select the company first and then only they would like to see visualization then probably you can use the composite key to get correct fiscal year as per selection.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
marcus_sommer

In most cases you will need to create for each one a own calendar. Here you could find many informations about master-calendars - in general, how and why several and of course fiscal calendars and many more: How to use - Master-Calendar and Date-Values.

- Marcus

abc_18
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Kaushik,

Thanks for your reply .

In my report I am having  data from Oct-14 to Sept-16 and dimension is division.

I have used same fiscal year calendar which henric has suggested, now my requirement is like I want one calculated field based on below condition:-

if division is puma then sum of value should come from Jan to Dec, otherwise Oct to Sept (i.e.' Fiscal year for other companies except PUMA).

only for puma division sum(value) from Jan- Dec

Please help me out in this.

kuczynska
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

I think the answer to that depends also on the date fields used in your facts table - are all of the companies using the same date field? If not - it could be worth checking post written by HIC https://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewdesignblog/2014/02/17/canonical-date#start=50

You could probably use the idea of Canonical Date to build your DataBridge table and recognize the source by defining DataType field (this could be then used within your front end in set analysis expressions).

If both companies use the same date field - using separate master calendars (as advised by Marcus) could solve your problem. If you will have more than one calendar it could be also worth building a small DataIsland table that could feed your front end month/year listboxes (where you could pass the users selections through variables for example).

Not sure if that helps, but good luck with your code!

Michalina