Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattphillip
Creator II
Creator II

Flagging a change in dimension value

Hoping someone can help with this. I've included a small dummy table to illustrate what I'm trying to accomplish. The actual table has many thousands of rows and a wider date range. Essentially, I've been asked to enhance our current weekly report to flag where an applicant's offer status (OfferStatus field) has changed. I've tried both the peek function in the load script and the above function as part of an expression along with the aggr function in a chart but with limited success. Neither method is allowing me to compare the offer stats by applicant, rather its simply comparing them in a linear fashion as the rows appear in the table.

Does anyone have any ideas as to whether this is possible? (comparing the offer status by applicant to produce a expression value)

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

Applicant IDDateProgrammeStageOfferStatusChanged? (Y/N)
AP0112/10/2017Law1Conditional
AP0205/09/2017Accounting2Decline
AP0120/10/2017Law1Conditional-Insurance
AP0307/10/2017Art & Design3Unconditional
AP0210/09/2017Accounting1Conditional
AP0316/10/2017Art & Design3No Response
AP0202/10/2017Accounting1Conditional-Firm
AP0419/10/2017Counselling1Unconditional
AP0518/10/2017Artchitecture2Decline
11 Replies
pascos88
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

nor sure want do you want have in Changes column?

What do you want check ?

what er your condition ?

Best

mattphillip
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Ideally, I'd like to add a flag saying either Yes (if the offer status for that applicant has changed) or No if it hasn't.

Thanks!

pascos88
Creator II
Creator II

maybe you need something like :

if(OfferStatus = 'Changed', 1, 0)  if you can have the Changed string in this field.

if you need to compare the OfferStatus with the previous one , maybe you need to use the function Above().

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/ChartFunctions/InterRecordFunction...

Best,

sunny_talwar

Did you try using Peek() in combination of the Order By Statement... unless you use order by on your Applicant ID, you won't be comparing within the same Applicant. Order by can be used only in the resident load... so try something like this

Table:

LOAD * INLINE [

Applicant ID, Date, Programme, Stage, OfferStatus

AP01, 12/10/2017, Law, 1, Conditional

AP02, 05/09/2017, Accounting, 2, Decline

AP01, 20/10/2017, Law, 1, Conditional-Insurance

AP03, 07/10/2017, Art & Design, 3, Unconditional

AP02, 10/09/2017, Accounting, 1, Conditional

AP03, 16/10/2017, Art & Design, 3, No Response

AP02, 02/10/2017, Accounting, 1, Conditional-Firm

AP04, 19/10/2017, Counselling, 1, Unconditional

AP05, 18/10/2017, Artchitecture, 2, Decline

];

FinalTable:

LOAD *,

If([Applicant ID] = Previous([Applicant ID]), If(OfferStatus = Previous(OfferStatus), 'No', 'Yes'), 'No') as [Changed? (Y/N)]

Resident Table

Order By [Applicant ID], Date;

DROP Table Table;

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Is this what you are expecting?

Applicant ID Date           Programme      Stage      OfferStatus                Changed? (Y/N)

AP01           12/10/2017      Law                1             Conditional                          No

AP02           05/09/2017      Accounting   2            Decline                                    No

AP01           20/10/2017      Law                1            Conditional-Insurance           Yes

AP03           07/10/2017      Art & Design 3             Unconditional                     No

AP02           10/09/2017      Accounting   1                Conditional                  Yes

AP03           16/10/2017      Art & Design 3                No Response                Yes

AP02           02/10/2017      Accounting   1                Conditional-Firm           Yes

AP04           19/10/2017      Counselling  1                Unconditional                No

AP05           18/10/2017      Artchitecture 2                Decline                          No

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
mattphillip
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Anil,

Yes that's what I'm looking for as an outcome.

M

mattphillip
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Sunny,

I tried the above code, loading the dummy data in from the xlsx file but I keep getting an error saying the field name must be unique. I can't see any problem though.

Table:

LOAD [Applicant ID],

Date,

Programme,

Stage,

OfferStatus,

[Changed? (Y/N)]

FROM

[\\vmwfil01\homedrives01$\m513730\change flag test 09-07-18.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

FinalTable:

LOAD *,

If([Applicant ID] = Previous([Applicant ID]), If(OfferStatus = Previous(OfferStatus), 'No', 'Yes'), 'No') as [Changed? (Y/N)]

Resident Table

Order By [Applicant ID], Date;

DROP Table Table;

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt

sunny_talwar

If you are creating a field called [Changed? (Y/N)]... why do you have it in Excel or loading from Excel? Try without the field from Excel

LOAD [Applicant ID],

Date,

Programme,

Stage,

OfferStatus,

[Changed? (Y/N)]

FROM

[\\vmwfil01\homedrives01$\m513730\change flag test 09-07-18.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

mattphillip
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks Sunny,

It works with the dummy data set now. However, when I connected it to the actual data (the only differences being a higher number of rows, more additional columns and loading multiple .csv files from a folder), it works for around 85% of cases. For some reason it seems to randomly or mistakenly mark identical entries in the offerstatus field as being changed.

Don't suppose you have any idea why this might be happening? I've had a look but can't see an obvious or obscure reason.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Matt