cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crystles
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Folders not removing access in production

Once upon a time, I was the Admin of the QV production server. But now I am at a developer level ONLY and do not need Read/Write access to the production QVW files on the QV server (for audit purposes).

I spoke with the System Admin and he removed my access from the Qlikview folders on the server. I only have read access to all folders on the server. HOWEVER, when you look at the permissions in the individual files, it shows I have Read/Write permission AND that it is inherited from the folder two levels above. But that folder specifically has my Read/Write access removed.

My question is: Since I was an Admin when this server was initially set up, is there somewhere in the Qlikview publisher that is adding access back to these files because I was granted Admin privileges before now?

Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

1 Reply
rubenmarin

Hi Crystle, hard to know without taking a look, but in order to give some ideas:

- Check the owner of the file is system and not your user, maybe is giving access to the owner.

- Check you don't belong to the QlikView Administrators windows group.

- Check any other groups in the folder where it's inheriting.

Still, I'm not sure if any of those can lead to that behaviour, I'm more a developer than administrator.