Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

For discussion: Inputfields and simulations

Hi everyone

The users of my QlikView application are examining the chance of using QlikView to do simulations for What-If scenarios. For one particular application in shipping, users want to be able to change the estimated spending field for various expenses and to see how these revisions affect the budget.

I have experimented a couple of times with an input box but it seems like one must use inputfield when loading in the script. As my script is reloaded every evening, I am unsure as to how to handle an inputfield in a table as the row numbers are changing all the time. My table has fields like:

_KEY, G/L account, Estimated spending, Budget, Actual

My solution would call for inserting an inputfield called "Estimated spending revised" which can be used as a basis for calculating other information and trust to the unique key to keep track of an input field.

Does anyone have experience or am developing apps with inputfields or simulations?

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Exact, I remember that I saw something on the non reset of inputfields...

Am I wrong ? Should not they be reset ?

vidyut
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

No, the input fields retain their values. There was another post which suggested to seth the field to NULL first while loading the data.

Not applicable
Author

I didn't really understand that post. Ii thought that only worked with variables. I'm not sur that I understand it correctly because I can't get that to work. For me it creates a new variable instead.