Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattdt1811
Contributor III
Contributor III

Forcing 0 Values into Line Chart

Hi All,

I am struggling to get a line chart of mine to show zero values.

I have tried un-ticking Suppress When Value is Null & Supress Zero Values but it still does not work.

I have a master calendar to generate missing dates in my script and need to insert these values with a 0.

The expression in the chart I have tried to do this with is below but this does not work;

=if ( count({$<FreightPaid={'Paid in UK'},INSURED={'INSURED'}>}JOBCOUNTER) > 0 , (Count({$<FreightPaid={'Paid in UK'},INSURED={'INSURED'}>}JOBCOUNTER)), 0 ) 

I have also been advised I can add one dummy zero record into the fact table for each month by using a calendar and concat it back to the original table but I do not know how to do this.

I have attached an example QVW.

For reference on selection of 2017 there was 1 job in Sep - I want the line chart to show 0 value for all the remaining months on one continuous line to get a better idea of the trend.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

Is this what you want ?

ZeroLinegraph.jpg

View solution in original post

4 Replies
trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

Is this what you want ?

ZeroLinegraph.jpg

mattdt1811
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Thirumala,

Yes this does work a lot better thanks. However it is showing as below when I insert this into my master QVW – I think this is where the User ID has raised no jobs for the month.

qlikchart.jpg

I have also been advised this can be solved by using the below script beneath the Temp Calendar Script;

Concatenate(TEMP1)
load 'Paid in UK' as FreightPaid,
'Insured'
as INSURED,
TempDate as [CREATION DATE],
'BALDWIN@M' 
as [USER CREATED BY],
as Dummy,
as JOBCOUNTER
Resident TempCalendar;

Drop Table TempCalendar;  

And then using:

=sum({$<FreightPaid={'Paid in UK'},INSURED={'INSURED'}>}JOBCOUNTER)

As the expression in the chart.

This does work for my own user ID however I will need to get this to work for all User ID’s, Customers, Locations etc.

Do you know how I would do this?

Many Thanks.

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

Not 100% sure but can you give a try with the below expression:

=sum({$<FreightPaid={'Paid in UK'},INSURED={'INSURED'}>}JOBCOUNTER) * AVG(1)

mattdt1811
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Unfortunately this generates the same result, however it is still a lot better than what I was using previously.

Thanks for your help.