Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Forcing graph to detach then attach after a reload

Hi there,

Can anyone adivse me what the best way would be to detach and then attach a scatter graph after a reload would be?

At the moment, I have unwanted behavior in a model whereby the graph labels sometimes don't update correctly until I detach then attach the graph. This tends to happen sometimes after doing a reload of the data. Whenever it happens I open the model on the server and fix it by detaching and then attaching the graph and then clicking on the save button. I'd therefore like to programatically simulate my actions by using a macro of sorts to do this whenever a reload takes place.

So far, I've learned that I can use a trigger to run a macro after a reload takes place. I can select the sheet containing the scatter graph using the following syntax:

ActiveDocument.GetSheetByID("SH07").Activate

At this point I need to detach and then attach the graph. Assuming the scatter graph needs certain parameters to be selected before being able to create the scatter graph, would I first need to set values for each of them before detaching and attaching the graph or would this not be necessary? Or perhaps there is a better way to approach this scenario?

Many thanks

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'd recommend you contact QlikView support to address this issue. Normally the labels should be automatically refreshed correctly. If there is an issue with the product then you need to talk to the support team.

Regards

MultiView

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I would also prefer addressing this issue to support.

Besides that, please check

http://community.qlik.com/message/138063#138063

on limitations in using macros on server.

Regards,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the feedback guys. I wasn't completeley certain whether it was an issue with the product or the way in which the actual model was developed (it's something I inherited). The only thing I do know is that detaching and then attaching the graph causes some sort of refresh which then shows the label data correctly (right clicking the graph and clicking 'ok' achieves the same result).