Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobMUC
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Forecast in QlikView Bar Chart with accumulated values

Hello Community,

i am currently developing a qlikview application which should include a forecast functionality.To ensure as much flexibility as possible i do not want to calculate static forecast values in the datamodel.

Foto_Comm.PNG

The X-Axis Shows the years and the Y-Axis is the Count of a field. The blue bar uses the "Full Accumulation" function from the Expression Tab.

The red bar uses the following formula:

=if(Jahr<=Year(Today()),aggr({$<Jahr=>}rangesum(above(Sum([Anzahl_Fzg]), 0, RowNo(TOTAL))),(Jahr,NumericCount())),(aggr({$<Jahr=>}rangesum(above(Sum([Anzahl_Fzg]), 0, RowNo(TOTAL))),(Jahr,NumericCount())))*1.1)

Why do i use the formula?

When i use the "Full Accumulation" function, the accumulated value is using only the value that are shown in the chart, which means when i select the years 2015-2017, the value of 2014 is not accumulated. --> Wrong values are shown With the formula - all years are used for the accumulation, not depending on the year (Jahr) selection.

I have data in the datamodel until the year 2018 - and i want to forecast for about 10 years. (percentual)

With the If condition - the next year ( 2019 ) is calculated with an increase of 10 percent (*1.1). But the next years Show the same value as 2019 - i think QV is not fetching the calculated value for 2019 - it is just using the last value for 2018.

Do you have an idea to solve this Problem? Thank you very much !

Best regards Robert

Labels (3)
0 Replies