Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clsaulsberry
Contributor III
Contributor III

Formula question

I am trying to write a formula that counts certain orders.

Fields  : Status Flag, Order Number and Case Number

The status flag tells me what is going on with the case numbers for each order.  i am trying to count the number of orders that have case numbers with a status flag of "30" but also has a status flag of "00"   

Status Flag
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be this

Count(DISTINCT {<[Order Number] = p({<[Status Flag] = {'30'}>})*p({<[Status Flag] = {'00'}>})>} [Order Number])

View solution in original post

18 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be this

Count(DISTINCT {<[Order Number] = p({<[Status Flag] = {'30'}>})*p({<[Status Flag] = {'00'}>})>} [Order Number])

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

HI Sunny

can't we just write like this, just wondering

= Count(DISTINCT {< [Status Flag] = {'30', '00'} >} [Order Number])

jayanttibhe
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Guys,

What about this :

If we need Selections of [Status Flag]to be effective on the Set Expression then (Sunny's expression is the the same - I just simplified - I guess)

Count({< [Order Number]= P({< [Status Flag] = {'30', '00'} >})>}Distinct [Order Number])

If we DONT need Selections of [Status Flag] to be effective on the Set Expression then

Nagaraju your expression

Count(DISTINCT {< [Status Flag] = {'30', '00'} >} [Order Number])

sunny_talwar

That would include all rows where Status flag is 30 or 00... I am not sure if the OP wants that or if he wants all the Order Numbers where Status Flag is 30 and 00

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Got it.

sunny_talwar

If we need Selections of [Status Flag]to be effective on the Set Expression then (Sunny's expression is the the same - I just simplified - I guess)

Count({< [Order Number]= P({< [Status Flag] = {'30', '00'} >})>}Distinct [Order Number])

I don't think they are the same thing... from what I understand your's will include the Order Number if Status Flag is 30 or 00, where as the one I provided should include only those Order Numbers where the Status Flag is both 30 and 00

jayanttibhe
Creator III
Creator III

You are right Sunny - mine is OR condition  and yours is the Set intersection. My bad

clsaulsberry
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

thank you

clsaulsberry
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

thank you i wanted all to include both statuses not either or statuses.  you formula worked correctly for me.