Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Formula simplification

Hi,

I had two rather complex formulas for the calculation of workdays_so_far_this_year (Mo-Fri) and days_so_far_this_year (Mo-Sun).

They were

- SUM({1<%Datum = {">=$(=makedate(year(today()), 1, 1))<$(=DATE(v_today_num))" }>} Werktag)  [for workdays]

(where >Werktag< is a binary field - 1 for (Mo-Fri), 0 for (Sat-Sun)

- COUNT({1<%Datum = {">=$(=makedate(year(today()), 1, 1))<$(=DATE(v_today_num))" }>} Werktag)  [for days]

Someone (sorry, it was offhand, so I didn't remember clearly) told me here on the forum how I could calculate the workdays_YTD much easier:

=> floor(reloadtime()) - yearstart(reloadtime()) - that works fine because the app is reloaded daily.

=> Is there also a way I can simplify the other formula, too? I'm sure that would result in a performance win, however small, as these formulas are present in every one of my apps.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

P.S.: Ceterum censeo - there should be, among others, a category for posts rgd. variables to make those easier discernable.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

How about:

NetWorkDays(YearStart(Today()), Today())

Regards

Jonathan

PS: replace Today() with reload time or variable as required

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

How about:

NetWorkDays(YearStart(Today()), Today())

Regards

Jonathan

PS: replace Today() with reload time or variable as required

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Jonathan,

bull's_eye 😉 That's going to work.

I will put those two variables in a qvs file - they are needed in every app...