cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Ftp problem

Hi

i have this problem with ftp

i connect to ftp but im not able to dowload the file.

i suppose the problem is the "@" that is in the username and it's used also in the string for the ftp address

i copy the string as it's composed

LOAD * FROM

[ftp://testxxx@studioxxx.it:test@ftp.studioxxx.it/AIRCOM/excel_Anagrafica_579.xls//testxxx@studioxxx.it:test@ftp.studioxxx.it/AIRCOM/excel_Anagrafica_579.xls]

(biff, no labels);

my, if is caused by the @ is that i can't change the username i have to use this one

anybody can help me?

do you think the problem is the @?

Thanks a lot

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

It seems that the first @ is part of your user name and it's confusing the syntax which may be confusing the syntax.

If your user is testxxx@studioxxx.it

you could re-write your address, making the username like this:

ftp://testxxx%40studioxxx.it:test@ftp.studioxxx.it/AIRCOM/excel_Anagrafica_579.xls

I got this from:

https://app.zencoder.com/docs/guides/getting-started/special-characters-in-usernames-and-passwords

Hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Have you tested the FTP connectivity through a client such as FireFTP or from the command line?

Not applicable
Author

The syntax is..

ftp://userName:password@FTPServerName/somemorestufftoyourfile

Looks to me like you have too many @'s.

If you copy and paste that exact URL (your original) into a browser does it work?

Is that whole thing before the : the user name?

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

It seems that the first @ is part of your user name and it's confusing the syntax which may be confusing the syntax.

If your user is testxxx@studioxxx.it

you could re-write your address, making the username like this:

ftp://testxxx%40studioxxx.it:test@ftp.studioxxx.it/AIRCOM/excel_Anagrafica_579.xls

I got this from:

https://app.zencoder.com/docs/guides/getting-started/special-characters-in-usernames-and-passwords

Hope this helps,

Erich

hectorgarcia
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

i deal with ftp daily basis in our company to interate other datasources and the best way to do it in my exprience is

1. instal wget in the machine that is going to be connected to the ftp server
    http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/wget.htm
  2. include in your qlikview script a line like this, I use variables to define the path and iterate in several instances of the ftp server
    //this goes to the ftp server and download the files

execute cmd.exe /c "wget  -r -l1 --no-parent -A"colombia.log.*" ftp://111.1.11.11/abcde_LOGS/$(vy)/$(vm)/$(vd)/$(vinst)/$(vfile)/" ;

//this unzip the content of the zip file if it is compressed

execute cmd.exe /c  "7za  e -y C:\wget\111.1.11.11\abcde_LOGS\$(vy)\$(vm)\$(vd)\$(vinst)\$(vfile)\*.gz";

//this delete the zip file you downloaded

execute cmd.exe /c erase /Q "C:\wget\111.1.11.11\abcde_LOGS\$(vy)\$(vm)\$(vd)\$(vinst)\$(vfile)\*.gz";

// this move the files you downoaded to other location to be treated by QV

execute  cmd.exe /c copy  colombia.log.* "C:\wget\111.1.11.11\abcde_LOGS\$(vy)\$(vm)\$(vd)\$(vinst)\$(vfile)\colombia.log.*.log";

//this one deletes the unzipped file so you can continue iterating to download more files.

execute cmd.exe /c erase /Q bancolombia.log.*;

I hope it will help you.

Hector Garcia

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot

i try to substitute with %40 and it works perfectly!!!

i think this is the simple way for my problem!!!

naziralala
Creator
Creator

Hey Hector,

I have a requirement of downloading a zip file, a .gz file, from ftp server onto local server, unzip the same and save on local server in a folder, delete the downloaded zipped file and repeat the process. Later, I will call the files to be used in qlikview and my files are xml files.

I tried to follow the steps mentioned by you, but would appreciate if you could describe it in more detail.

Thanks,

Nazira