cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marius_
Contributor III
Contributor III

Function execute in load script: Error message

I am trying to run a VBA macro in my script like this: (See below)

Script:

Trace #<< Text >>#;
EXECUTE CMD.EXE /c del "File.xlsx";          //Remove a temp file in office
Let vExecute = 'ExecuteExl_an()';                //Call excel

But I receive the following error even BEFORE the "Trace" script command is executed:

Script line error:

SUB

And just after the EXECUTE line the following error:

Script line error:

End Sub 

I am not sure why a SUB error will occur at this point.

The macro:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Let vExecute = 'ExecuteExl_an()';

The VBA code is executed via a Function:

Function ExecuteExl_an()
Set objExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application")

objExcel.Visible = True

Set objWorkbook = objExcel.Workbooks.Open(Path)

objWorkbook.Application.Run "Macro"

Set xlBook = Nothing
Set xlApp = Nothing
End Function

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

It's not quite clear for me where do you want to do what but I think it's not possible in this way. Your error-message comes probably through the parser which detects invalid code/syntax, like the missing function return-value or that you put the function within the script and not within the macro-editor.

Beside this you couldn't call an ActiveX statement like "CreateObject" within the script-run because the for this required features/libraries aren't available in the script else only if the datamodel is built and an UI for the application exists.

What you could instead do is to call a batch-file per EXECUTE which does all the wanted work. Here an example what is meant: Run-Excel-from-QMC 

- Marcus

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The following Help link should provide further information along the lines Marcus was discussing along with an example.  If you are just trying to detele a Temp file though, why not simply make a call to system Delete function via Cmd.exe /c Delete filename...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/VBFunctionCalls...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.