Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Function to get the list of locked fields

Hello All!

My query is a follow up of this post: Function to find out whether a field is locked‌.

Since it's been posted a year ago I thought I would ask again as something new might have been developed in the meantime.

Would you know a way to return the list of locked fields within QlikView? Or maybe there is a way to achieve that with the JS API?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Janusz

2 Replies
avinashelite

As per my knowledge , currently we don't have any functions in Qlikview we need to make use of Macro only

marcus_sommer

If you looked from the outside on the qvw by reading their meta-data it should be possible. I remember that there is a flag IsLocked for each field is included. But from the inside only the macro-stuff will definitely work.

There could be another possibilty by reading the field-properties getselectedcount, getpossiblecount and/or getfieldselections into a variable, trigger an selection-action like "choose excluded values" or similar or try to select directly a value(-list) per fieldvalue() or concat() and compare then the current field-properties against the stored variable - but I'm not sure if you get a stable solution then you will probably need more then one action (clearing and storing from variable-values and the select-action) and actions won't be executed compelling sequentielly.

- Marcus