Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Gauge Chart - No Data to display

I have a gauge chart that works as intended with one exception.  The gauge shows a percentage change between two years.  If I have no years selected, the gauge completely disappears and just leaves a message of "No Data to display" (not what I want).  How do I get the gauge chart to remain even if no years are selected (I am not terribly concerned about the value it shows.  I just want the user to know the chart is there by seeing it)?

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Manish,

Yeah, Set Analysis is what I am using.  I think the prolem stems from the fact that this particular piece of data only goes back to 1980, but I have years going all the way back to 1957 for other data.  I am presuming that since I do not have data for years prior to 1980 this is why it says 'No Data to Display" until I select a year that is 1980 or later.  I would have thought there would be a way to initialize my variable, but that does not seem to work as all the SET or LET statement seems to do is redefine my variable that I have the chart calculate using DSE (i.e. my variable is eFatalityPercentChange) and my expression in my chart is $(eFatalityPercentChange).  eFatalityPercentChange is defined in my variable table using the Set Analysis you described.)  If I SET or LET it equal something to initialize it, it simple replaces the definition in my variable table with the value I SET or LET it to.  FYI, I have another gauge that operates the same way, but it has data back to 1957 and it always opens up and shows the value from 1957 to 2012.