Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Generate charts with script

Hi everyone,

is it possible to generate charts (eg. pivot tables, linear charts, ecc) with script instead of using qlik view's wizard?

I've searched in my options but i've found nothing.

Thank you.

10 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

What are you going to do this automation, We can set time elapse to show the objects?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Not applicable
Author

I need to use similar charts for many users, so i want to semplify my work just copying my script and then modify chart generated.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I am not sure, whether i can help you on this. May be some one else offer you far better than me

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Not applicable
Author

ok, no problem!

What i need is: if i've created a structure of a chart or a pivot table, i want to reuse it on other files just changing database and tables references.

i hope it is possible.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

True, That is the case we have to look custom variables with Adhoc Reports. Let's wait for Luminary response

prieper
Master II
Master II

In general you may replace each entry in charts, which allow a formula (visible by the three ...), by a variable.

This variable might be filled with the name of a dimension or a measure, which to be used. Or even colors to be used.

The variables might be extracted from external data (Excel).

The more you automate, the more you will loose in flexibility.

Do you wish to go this way?

Not applicable
Author

i take my data from a db and i'm using a ole db connection for load my data from some tables into qlikview.

I've done a project that works fine on my pc and i need to recreate that on other pcs.

we have just a personal edition, but i want to find a way to save time instead to recreate all charts and tables of my project.

if there was a way to create charts and tables with scripting, all i need it's just to copy that script and change connection's string and little other things.

i hope it's clear, sorry for my bad english!

prieper
Master II
Master II

By script impossible AFAIK.

Doubt, that any copy&paste is successful with personalized editions.

Sorry for not helping better

marcus_sommer

The "recommended" way would be to buy the needed licences to be able to share applications and to use the import/export features or just to use copy+paste. Without it the only way would be to use macros but by larger/complex applications it will need quite a lof of efforts ... Nevertheless here an example:

Create Custom Chart with Macro

and more details/informations could you find within in the APIGuide.qvw in your install-folder.

- Marcus