Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Generate filters for selection dynamically based on selection from previous filters

Hi,

Is it possible to dynamically generate filters on the sheets based on previous filter selection by user.  Ex- I have a table with 3 related fields - Business Type Bank Type and Broker Type.  Business Type has Bank and Broker and few other options in the selections.  I have Business Type as a filter on sheet.  I want to have a filter show up (either Bank Type or Broker Type field selection options) depending on if user selects Bank or Broker in the Business Type field. 

Is there a way to it either in data model by setting variables or set expressions?

Thanks,

Monica

8 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be check out the attached

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for taking time to reply.  I took your script and tried it on a new app.  Sorry I did not understand it,  What I am interested in learning is if there is a way to show filters on App dynamically based on what user is selecting as Business Type.  i.e If Bank in Business Type is selected then Bank Type filter is activated and Broker Type Filter is not and vice versa if Broker in Business Type is selected then Broker Type filter is activated (i.e one or the other - Bank Type or Broker Type to show based on selection on Business Type).  And only those records are filtered as per selection

Thanks

Monica

sunny_talwar

Is the attached app not doing what you want or are you not sure as to how to replicate the same issue for your original application? I might be able to offer advice based on what the problem is

Not applicable
Author

I took the qvd file on the Qlik sense desktop and it generated the following script below in the App.

I created a sheet in the App to get the filter Business Type filter.  When I select Business Type = Bank I want to see options for Bank Type - Bank 1 , 2 , 3 etc.  How will that work?  What does the script below does?  Can you explain please?

Thanks..

List1:

LOAD * Inline [

Business Type

Bank

Broker

];

List2:

LOAD * Inline [

Bank Type

BankT1

BankT2

BankT3

];

List3:

LOAD * Inline [

Broker Type

BrokerT1

BrokerT2

BrokerT3

];

sunny_talwar

I don't know if hiding an object in Qlik Sense is possible or not, but based on your selection in Business Type, you can change a filter to change. Look at the attached Qlik Sense application

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the help.  If a user picks both Bank and Broker in the Business Type then would it be possible to show both the Bank and Broker Type options?  As I think about it I wold need that too.

Any more help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Monica

sunny_talwar

In a single list box object you mean?

Not applicable
Author

If Bank is Selected then only Bank Types are shown.  If Broker is selected then only Broker Type is shown.  If both Bank and Broker are selected then both Bank and Broker type are shown

Thank you