Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
May 18th 10AM ET, Live Chat, bring your QlikView questions. REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lech_Miszkiewicz

GeoAggrGeometry() - JSON protocol parse error

Hi Qlikers,

This question is in regards to QlikSense Map object. I wanted to create few map charts in Qlik Sense application. I did a homework and i went through all basic tips & tricks like:

Hidden gems in Qlik Sense geospatial functions

How To Convert Shape File to KML for Qlik Sense Using GDAL

So i have started with postcodes of Australia and i used GDAL solution to reduce KML file. I actually managed to reduce it down to the size where each postcode was still very well plotted and the "hypercube error" did not pop-up.

I went step further and i have decided to group postcodes into larger areas. I used for this GeoAggrGeometry() built in script function. This is where my problems started. I could not manage to use aggregated area in charts as it  throwing an error on chart: JSON protocol parse error.

2016-08-16_10-36-28.jpg

I assume it has something to do with aggregated area / it is probably not aggregated properly and cannot be plotted - that is my quess.

Have you ever come accross this issue? Could you please suggest how we can deal with it?

please find attached:

• QVF file if you want to have a look
  • Original kml file (postcodes1.kml) - it was not used in geoaggrgeometry().
  • Reduced with GDAL kml file (postcodes.kml)

thanks

Lech

Message was edited by: Lech Miszkiewicz I just moved this topic to QlikView section as it was sitting in QlikSense section for more than week without a comment. Hope to be more lucky here. Cheers Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
1 Reply
bruno_martins_l
Partner
Partner

Hello,

I have the same issue after use GeoAggrGeometry function with a Group BY.

Here my code :

REGIONS:

LOAD

"Groupe Région",

"Région",

"Code Région",

GeoAggrGeometry(KML_DEP) AS "KML_Région"

RESIDENT TEMP_REGIONS

GROUP BY "Code Région","Groupe Région","Région";

KML_DEP is a Polygon and it works when I use this dimension in map object but when I use KML Région i have the same issue "Erreur D'analyse du protocole JSON".

Anyone have an idea please ?

Regards,

Bruno