Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dolphin
Partner - Contributor III

GeoAnalytics for Qlikview Chart Layer Size

Hi All,

I have a Chart Layer (Pie Chart) for every location showing some distribution (Flag Field -> is, is not).

Now I want to size the whole pie chart according to the locations sales, but in QlikView there is only one size parameter, that seems to size all pie chart the same size.

The Documentation says there is a min and max input, but there is none.

Using Aggr also doesn't work, the chart always picks the total expression, not by location.
The formula works fine in a straight table using the location as dimension:

• RangeMax($(vKPI) / Max(Total Aggr( $(vKPI), $(vField_Location))) * 15, 5)

Is it possible in GeoAnalytics for Qlikview to size the pie chart differently for each location?

Thanks and regards,

Johannes

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dolphin
Author

Hi @rubenmarin ,

Thanks again for your input.

Unfortunately it is not possible in QlikView. I tested it thoroughly and a Qlik employee confirmed that it is not possible in QlikView.
I guess the documentation is incorrect and just shows the QlikSense implementation of GeoAnalytics.

Thanks for your effort.
Best Regards

View solution in original post

4 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi @Dolphin, if first dimension is a location, go to 'Location options' and select 'Dimension' as location source, this way when you add a second measure it will change the size of the chart.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/geoanalytics/Subsystems/GeoPropertiesS/Content/qliksense/qliksense-imap_...

Dolphin
Author

Hi @rubenmarin

Thanks for answering.

In Qlikview i don't seem to have these options. I use GeoAnalytics in Qlikview and the options look a bit different.

Location Options of the chart layer look like this:

Dolphin_0-1613986434122.png

I also had an issue with the info bubble, showing only the values of the first dimension value of the pie chart and not the total value of the location. As you can guess, the Total Qualifier solved this issue but i didn't solve the sizing problem with it yet.

Dolphin_1-1613986805203.png

The fourmula in the radius input keeps getting calculated over all dimension, resulting in the same value for each location. It makes sense.. the way it looks, there is only one value to be set for all charts.
Hence my question if it is even possible in Qlikview to size each chart differently.

rubenmarin

Hi @Dolphin, I tested this on Sense, I don't ahve it on QlikView to test.

By the help (this time for qlikview) looks like there are 2 options for radius: min and max

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/geoanalytics/Subsystems/GeoPropertiesQV/Content/qlikview/qlikview-imap_r...

By this configuration it looks that there is a possibility to set different pie chart sizes as it can be done in Qlik Sense.

Maybe this is available since some version of QV geoanalitycs and you have an older one?

Dolphin
Author

Hi @rubenmarin ,

Thanks again for your input.

Unfortunately it is not possible in QlikView. I tested it thoroughly and a Qlik employee confirmed that it is not possible in QlikView.
I guess the documentation is incorrect and just shows the QlikSense implementation of GeoAnalytics.

Thanks for your effort.
Best Regards