Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yashcena
Contributor III
Contributor III

Get Selected Count

Hi,

I have Project_Type and the Projected_Hours for those project types in my data model.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

I have a requirement where the user will select n number of  projects.

In the below snapshot, I have select 3 TypeA projects. So hours used when a resource is assigned those 3 projects will be 3*2=6 hours. So remaining hours for that resource will be 40-6=34 (Assuming each resource works 40 hours a week).

Capture3.JPG

Similarly, If 2 TypeB project are selected, hours used when a resource is assigned  projects will be 2*6=12 hours. So remaining hours for that resource will be 40-12=28

Capture3.JPG

In the above example, I have select 2,3 projects from SAME project types. But the user can select projects from different Project_Types.

In that scenario, what should be the expression? The expression which I have used to calculate Hours Used is (GetSelectedCount([Project Name])*[Projected Hours])

Capture3.JPG

However, this works only when the ProjectType is same. When I select 1 project of TypeA and 3 projects of TypeC, the expression fails.

How should I tweak my expression?

I hope I have made the requirement clear. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

YASH

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

There may be cleaner ways to do this, but since your tables aren't actually joined in any way, I'd use aggr().

sum(total aggr(sum( [Projected Hours])*count(distinct  [Project Name]),[Project Type]))

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

There may be cleaner ways to do this, but since your tables aren't actually joined in any way, I'd use aggr().

sum(total aggr(sum( [Projected Hours])*count(distinct  [Project Name]),[Project Type]))

yashcena
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks! this expression worked perfectly.

I have one more question. I also need to give user the ability to enter the number of projects of a particular type

(I'm using slider for user input).

I created 3 variables vTypeA, vTypeB and vTypeC and put there sum in another variable vAll.

However, there seems to be something which I'm missing. I have selected 1 project of each type through slider.

But instead of calculating (2x1)+(6x1)+(10x1), it is calculating (2+6+10)*3

Capture3.JPG

Is there a way to do this via sliders? I have attached the updated app with the variables.

Thanks for your help again. Appreciate a lot!

Yash

Or
MVP
MVP

Nothing is attached..

yashcena
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I have attached the pp in the question itself.

Or
MVP
MVP

Unfortunately, it's hard to debug a formula I can't see, so a screen capture doesn't help here.