Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get selected value from multibox, in a chart expression

I have a multibox with which I can select a work cycle(cycle1, cycle2 and cycle3). How can I get the value selected in the multibox for the cycle field and then use it in a chart expression? I have to change the value of a field called "working days" in the said chart(Pivot table) depending on the selected cycle value.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Maybe this:

=if(WildMatch(Concat(distinct work_cycle, ','),'*Value*'), 'do_stuff','dont do stuff')

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

This can be achievable, Would you like to share some sample application?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

retrieve the values:

=Concat(distinct work_cycle, ',')

use it on chart (set analysis for example):

Sum({< work_cycle={$(=Concat(distinct work_cycle, ','))}  >} [working days])

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sum({< work_cycle={"=Concat(distinct work_cycle, ',')"}  >} Value) basically sums all Values that have the work_cycle value equal to the value selected in my multibox right? How do I use "=Concat(distinct work_cycle, ',')" in an If?
I'm looking for something like if( $(=Concat(distinct work_cycle, ',')) = 'Cycle1', do_stuff, do_else_stuff)

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Maybe this:

=if(WildMatch(Concat(distinct work_cycle, ','),'*Value*'), 'do_stuff','dont do stuff')

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That's it! Thanks!

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

You're welcome !

Good luck

maheshakula02
Contributor
Contributor

Is work_cycle the Object ID of the multi box? When I use the object id in the function Concat(distinct MB01, ','), it doesn't work. Thanks in advance.