Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tpuckett
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

GetSourceDocumentNodes sometimes does not find a document

Using Qlikview 12.20 on Windows server 2012 R2 

I have a QmsApi application in which I copy a file to a newly created folder under the source documents root.  I then need the DocumentNode object corresponding to that document, so I call the GetSourceDocumentNodes(QdsServiceInfo.ID, SourceDocFolder.ID, RequestedRelativeFolder) api function to get that.  Sometimes the function returns nothing, but this call is always made only after the copy is finished.  I have tried looping 10 times with 250 ms sleeps and calling the function over and over.  I have tried adding a call to ClearQVSCache(QVSCacheObjects.All) after the file copy and that does not solve the problem. 

Overall purpose here is to create and run a couple of publisher tasks on the document, so I need to DocumentNode object for that purpose.

Is there a reliable strategy for me to copy a file into the source documents and then get a DocumentNode object associated with that file? 

0 Replies