Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Truist_np
Contributor
Contributor

Getting a junk line after load in QlikView

Hello Team,

I am having weird issue.  While I am loading a QVD I am having below load. There are 89 QVD like this . I need to move it to prod.. But I am concerned to the [<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>], after load Statement. 

Also while opening it is loading two times. Untitled.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

By loading and storing a file it's necessary to specify the file-format - it may look as if it's optional and there is often no error but the then applied default file-format may not be suitable to the requirements. Therefore go through all creation and loading steps (it may more as two within an ETL chain) and check if (qvd) is always set as file-format by loading/storings into qvd's.

To wrap the full-path into brackets is needed if there any spaces or special chars included which may especially by the use variables not always obviously - therefore use the best practice and apply it always.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

5 Replies
edwin
Master II
Master II

does it load properly when you delete that field in your load statement?

Truist_np
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,

Yes . It is loading properly with all data.  And if one comments this line before loading , then no problem. But I am concerned why it is coming. 

marcus_sommer

I think not this load is causing the issue else the previous creation of those qvd's is the reason. Maybe they weren't stored explicitly as qvd's like:

store table into table.qvd (qvd)

and the here marked (qvd) determination of the file-format is missing.

- Marcus

Truist_np
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello Marcus,

Thank you! These are the scenario how the QVD are stored. 

STORE Incremental into $(vQVDCategory1)$(vQVDName).qvd (qvd);
STORE TruncateLoad into $(vQVDCategory2)$(vQVDName).qvd (qvd);
Store TF10 into $(vQVDCategory1)TF10_$(vCurrentYear).qvd (qvd);

Also while loading from qvd we  used
Incremental:
//Load Records from existing QVD
Load *
from [$(vQVDCategory1)$(vQVDName).qvd];

//from $(vQVDCategory1)$(vQVDName).qvd (qvd);we used the highlighted one instead  the commented one .  We put bracket for a reason. This process is used in all script.  Please advice.

marcus_sommer

By loading and storing a file it's necessary to specify the file-format - it may look as if it's optional and there is often no error but the then applied default file-format may not be suitable to the requirements. Therefore go through all creation and loading steps (it may more as two within an ETL chain) and check if (qvd) is always set as file-format by loading/storings into qvd's.

To wrap the full-path into brackets is needed if there any spaces or special chars included which may especially by the use variables not always obviously - therefore use the best practice and apply it always.

- Marcus