Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting error while reloading QlikView document from Client machine

I am trying to reload QlikView document from access point. For this,I have created batch script and trigger it through macro.

This is working fine on desktop application and access point from server (Server on which QlikView server is installed), But when I try to run that macro from our local mechine (IE browser) it throws "Macro parsed failed" error.

User I am using is a part of Server Administrator and QlikView administrator group.

Attached is error screen shot for reference.

Below is the command in batch script-

"c:\Program Files\QlikView\QV.exe" /r "\\Server\Test\RUN_TASK_BY_Batch.qvw"

Code written in Macro-

Sub Run_BAT

Set obj = createobject("Wscript.Shell")

obj.Run chr(34) & "\\Server\Script\Test_Batch.bat" & chr(34), 0

Set obj = Nothing

End Sub

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

Your error-message meant that the macro security-otions didn't allow the system-access (press Ctrl + Shift + M and you get access to these options) and/or that within the IE ActiveX is disabled or the protected mode is enabled.

Beside them your approach won't work because the batch will be executed on your local machine and not on the server. An alternative could be to use Using EDX in QlikView 11 - basic example or if you used the IE a macro-line like this:

ActiveDocument.Reload

- Marcus