Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Give flexibility to enter dates to retrive records!!!!!

Hi All

Please give me your suggestions on this problem..

I have lots of data and one field called   InsurenceStartedDate  another one is Beneficiary

I want to specify a minimum InsurenceStartedDate  and a maximum InsurenceStartedDate. like

minimum InsurenceStartedDate 04/05/2012  and then maximum InsurenceStartedDate as 12/22/2012 . then after entering these two field s  it has to show the records of beneficiary between these two dates, is there any possibility for this problem.if it is please share..

Thanks

John

6 Replies
its_anandrjs

You can try with take a dimension like below script

if( InsurenceStartedDate >= '04/05/2012' And InsurenceStartedDate <= '12/22/2012', Beneficiary)

And there are many ways to doing this problem.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can select your data range in a list box, a slider object or using variables and an input box or two calendar objects.

If you are using variables, either your expressions need to filter the data based on the values, like

=sum( if( InsurenceStartedDate >= vStartDate and InsurenceStartedDate <= vEndDate, Beneficiary))

or using set analysis

=sum({<InsurenceStartedDate = {">=$(=Date(vStartDate))<=$(=Date(vEndDate))"} >} Beneficiary)

or you can create actions based on a button or OnChange trigger to select the range in your field.

There are lots of example qvw here in the forum that demonstrate these approaches (and possibly other as well).

Not applicable
Author

Thank you anand.

doe's it allow me to give dates manually,if so can you please explain me..  and i am using personal edition so i cant see your qvw s .

Not applicable
Author

Thank you anand.

doe's it allow me to give dates manually,if so can you please explain me..  and i am using personal edition so i cant see your qvw s .

Not applicable
Author

all these methods or fine  Swuehl .

what i want to know  here is there any possibility to type my date ranges   in one box[01/01/1999] and another box [01/01/2014] then it shows the records between this period of time.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Yes should be possible with several methods, e.g. using two variables and input boxes, then either use the restriction on a per expression base or using trigger / actions (so it would affect all expressions / charts rather than selected ones)